Ever wonder how some people build a brand for themselves and others don’t? I think about this a lot and yesterday’s Investor’s Business Daily had a good article on “branding yourself” highlighting David Bach, author of “The Automatic Millionaire”, “Smart Women Finish Rich” and more. Bach and his publisher have done an excellent job of branding him and I’ll highlight some of the ways to do so:
- Pick one or two things and focus on those. Don’t clutter the audience’s mind. You can’t be all things to all people.
- Stand for something.
- Make complicated issues simple and get people to take action.
- Tap your passion. Identify what you love and pursue that area. Nothing else.
- Become skilled at generating publicity. Contact local papers, cable channels, and the press.
- Keep it simple. If you give any advice, make it simple.
- Constantly evolve the brand. Slowly expand what you are doing to reach a broader audience.
- Create multiple revenue streams. Once you found something people are interested in, start thinking bigger.
- Know your target audience.
bookmark this article: