Some people wake up and do the three S’s (shower, shave, and… well, you probably know what comes next), while others shower in the evening. Me? I can’t do anything without the morning shower and smoothie. Ever since I was a wee lad I’ve been preached to about the wonders and the importance of the early morning meal. Breakfast, apparently, is the cornerstone to success.
Funny, because I can count on one hand how many times I’ve actually taken the time to prepare and eat breakfast. My smoothie (generally a fantabulous blend of strawberry/blue berries or banana/strawberry) has become the morning meal, jam-packed with 175 calories and plenty of fiber, essential acids, and a bit of protein whey for good measure. But that’s not a breakfast. Breakfast is eggs, bacon, with toast and jam; cereal with a muffin and milk; fresh fruit and a couple of eggs. That’s breakfast.
There’s more to a morning than breakfast, and while I rant off about what breakfast is and isn’t, many people don’t even realize how a few adjustments in the morning could be the difference between a good day and a bad one.
- Shower – Many people shower the night before, and while that is certainly fine for hygienic purposes it lacks something… just something that makes it an essential part of any morning. I hit the shower in the mornings and I am immediately refreshed- I’m ready to rock and roll all the way to my home office!
- Shave – This applies more to men than women, but a good shave is a great way to start the day. Get yourself looking like a million bucks and then go out there and make it!
- Exercise – Many people find that a brief cardio workout in the morning is a great way to wake up. Scientifically, its proven to boost the metabolism (promoting weight loss) and set the metabolic rate for the day. I see this as a winner!
- The Newspaper – Ahh yes, an old favorite. Get up, pour a glass of OJ, and then read what’s going on in the world today (or last night).
The point here is that your early morning ritual is important, and every now and then a change is good. Try it: if you normally shower at night, try showering in the morning for a week. See if it makes a difference in how you feel. You never know when you may stumble on to something great!
- Free Business Cards.
- Free Business Plan Template.