If you’ve been thinking about starting up your own home based business you probably have more questions than you do answers. If you are trying to figure out how you’re going to make it work, where you’re going to attract sales, and how you’re going to market yourself, you’re not alone. Thousands of home based businesses are started every year, and each one of them started with the same questions.
Don’t get discouraged. Starting a home based business could be one of the best decisions of your life, and here are four reasons why:
1. Personal freedom. Imagine getting up when your schedule dictated, not your bosses. Work whenever you want, for as long as you want, and only when you want to.
Not having to answer to anyone can give you the perfect excuse to work as hard as you can and become as successful as possible. If you are the kind of person who does not respond well to a forced leadership structure, a home business may be exactly what you need.
2. Financial reward. Being your own boss means that the dollar stops with you. You don’t have to wonder if anyone above you is making money from your efforts because you are the head honcho- if anyone is going to be making big money, it’s going to be you!
Owning the business gives you the prime opportunity to reap any major financial rewards. If you’re business starts developing $500,000 a year in profit, guess who that goes too?
3. Believe in what you do. Chances are good that the home business you’ve set up is one that you have a genuine interest in. This means that you will have a strong desire to accomplish your goals, be they financial or objective based. This desire will remove the “work” feeling from your business, making it seem less boring and less time consuming.
It is amazing how much more gets accomplished when you genuinely want to work.
4. No one to be accountable to. Your results, including success or failure, are a direct result of your actions. If your business does well, it’s because your efforts made it so; conversely, if your business fails, it’s because you didn’t make it work.
At the end of the day, after all of the debating and rationalizing, you need to do it for yourself. If you think that you could make your life work by starting a home based business, what’s stopping you?
There is no result, including failure, that you can’t turn around or improve upon.
- Free Business Cards.
- Free Business Plan Template.
9 thoughts on “Four Reasons Why You Should Run a Home Based Business”
Would you consider reviewing a home based business?
There are not many that I would refer to but I think it may benefit some of the readers serious about all the benefits involved as you have certainly mentioned.
I’d be interested in seeing that as well.
As a recent college graduate, I realize the the home based business is the trend of my generation. As a mom, the home based business model is the saving grace a moms trying to juggle work and family. I have heard home based businesses hailed as the only way to make money in America and the smartest tax move anyone can make. I run my own home based business. I love the freedom and the advocacy and support I can provide my clientele who I support in their decisions to work from home (or in other flexible scheduling arrangements). However, I feel that praises of running a home based business should never be written without the warning that running a home based business is the most difficult and time intensive job one will have ever have. But the time and difficulty of running my business is for my own motivations and on my own time. If you are willing to make those sacrifices and accommodations, let entrepreneurship ring!
Good points… it should be remembered that it is also possible to employed working from home, which some of the benefits with less personal risk / worry…
Good post. I couldn’t agree with you more on the “believe in yourself” part. If the why you are doing this is strong enough, and you keep that always in front of you. The how will reveal itself.
I have a primary job and a job as a part time blogger. I was thinking if it is ok to quit my job now and focus on by blogging business…. Any suggestion??
Haha, if you are making enough money!!
I think for most people the biggest attraction must be personal freedom… live anywhere you want… choose your own hours….
Good article, if you follow things you made your way to success. However this strategy works on global, not in local.