The most important thing once you have created your own business is to get the word out to people. Marketing and public relations are two of the keys to growing your business. There are many ways to do this but for those on a limited budget, the cheaper the better right?
How Do You Get Free PR?
- Write Articles: Articles do not have to be long, but the do have to be informative. The more helpful information you provide, the more credibility you get.
- Newsletters: Start with an opt-in form on your website or a sign up sheet offline. Once you build your email list, start sending your subscribers weekly or monthly newsletters.
- Free Reports: Offering a free report is an excellent way to get people interested in your service or product. It won’t hurt you to give them valuable information for free every once in a while because if they find value in your information, they will become clients.
- Public Speaking: When you speak in a public setting, people perceive you as an expert, and people like to buy from experts. You can try your local Chamber of Commerce or service club luncheons.
- Radio: If you can get interviewed on the radio, it is usually free and a great source of publicity.
- Letters To The Editor: This is a great little known secret. Many people read the letters to the editor section and if you write good material, you can befriend the editor and he may look to you for further stories.
In today’s world, marketing and publicity are everything. If you put forth a lot of your time into these 6 free PR methods, it will pay off for your business. Did I miss any other free PR strategies that have worked for you? Please post them in the comments if you have good stories to share!
Post Sponsored by: ByWild
Be sure to sign up for our Free Career Newsletter on the top right sidebar for valuable, new information!