We all know the importance of backing up your computer or major data files you don’t want to lose. I recently had an experience with my laptop that could have used the services that Backup Platinum provides. Let me give you a little description of what Backup Platinum is:
- Backup Platinum makes a reserve copy of your critical data virtually to any type of storage media: hard or USB drives, CD-R/W or DVD±R/RW media, FTP server or Local Area Network.
- The program uses “Wizard” approach to define the backup set: what, where, how and when to backup.
- 128-bit encryption with Blowfish and multichoice ZIP compression on the fly are available to keep your backups small and secure.
- Built-in CD/DVD engine allows you to erase the rewritable disk before burning and automatically split large backups to several parts using disk spanning.
- The program is based on multi-threaded file-processing engine and creates detailed logs of all operations.
- It also can run in service mode under NT-based systems to execute scheduled tasks even when nobody is logged in.
Now, if most of those points went over your head as it did mine when I first read the description, take a few minutes and visit their website Backup to DVD. The first thing you will notice is the usability of the website. Along the top tool bar, you will see Home, Download, Order, White Papers, Builds History, Help and SoftLogica options to choose from.
Things I like most about the website and services:
- The “Key Features” sidebar they provide. This not only tells you their most useful services, but they are easily identifiable. One improvement I would recommend is that they separate the links on the sidebar to specific content to that link. Currently, all the links on the sidebar go to the same exact page instead of going to the individual product you click on.
- 30-day free trial. Backup Platinum is provided with 30-day trial period. During this time you will be able to try all its features and decide if you really like their product and want to buy it. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to buy it. That never hurts.
- Downloads and payments are easy to do. To download a product, you go to the icon that says “download,” make sure your system meets the minimum requirements (Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003), and you download. The process is very simple and easy to do. The payment system is built in a similar way.
Because you can test drive this service before actually purchasing it, I would encourage anyone looking for a backup service to do so.
Sponsored post by: Backup To DVD