A Technorati Ranking is becoming a must-have for all blogs and sites that feature user generated content.? Technorati ranks these sites by the number of links and blogs that link to your particular site.?Although?Google has been using this criteria as part of it’s search engine rank formula for some time now, Technorati is still the biggest site. ?
I want to give you a quick update on our climb up the Technorati ranks and thank you, the readers and fellow bloggers, who have made this climb possible.? Technorati truly does strengthen ties in the blogging community and encourages good content because people will not link to your blog if the content is not good.? Sites like Text-Link-Ads now use Technorati ranking in determining the cost of advertising on a particular blog.
www.CareerRamblings.com went live on January 29th, although it existed under a different domain for a month prior.? For the purposes of this post, I will stick to the Jan 29th date because any links from the prior domain did not transfer to this domain when we made the switch.? In the 21 days of this blog’s life, it has gone from a beginning rank of 1.8 million to 87,000 currently.? We still have a long way to go to reach the 445th ranked blog?but this is no small feat considering that Technorati tracks 68.7 million blogs.? The reason I mention the 445th ranked blog is because his climb up Technorati has been the most amazing ascent yet.?
Mostly, Jane and I want to thank our fellow bloggers who have linked to us, especially the following:
- Our online friend, Jeff Kee.? His blog is worth a read – he updates often with interesting content. Pay him a visit and check out Jane’s Picture!
- Live Learn Invest.
- A site out of the UK with insite into the value of a degree.
- Matt Coddington, for his Movers and Shakers interview.
- Random Bytes for giving us a permanent link to his site.
- John Chow for showing some community love.
- J.R. for his top blogger roll call. Again, if you missed Jane’s picture on Jeff’s site, check it out with J.R., she may be popular.
- Common Sense PR for his use of our Online Reputation post.
- Musings and Somesuch… for their citation of Balance of Work and Home.
- Greg for showcasing our Secret of Success post.
Blog carnivals have also showed us love.? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Debt Consolidation Lowdown.
- Don’t Mess With Taxes.
- Career Intensity’s regain your balance.
- The Brain for their Carnival citing The Informational Interview.
- Carnival of Management Tips
Thank you all who have cited and linked us to their websites. If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t have gotten as many people coming to our site as we do today. You all provided valuable information and helped us get to where we are. If you link to one of our posts or have given us a permanent link on your site, you might just be seeing your name and website with us in a similar post. You never know, stranger things have happened