I took roughly 10 days off and flew across the country to visit some friends and family. I had a great time, filled with mechanical bull riding, tequila shooters, candid moments on the lake, relaxing drives, and a complete revitalization of my mind, body, and business soul. I also realized that the vacation, being something that I haven’t done for years, is a very necessary part of the modern business atmosphere. If you find yourself starting stress about work, deadlines, and the people that you work with on a daily basis, do yourself a favor and run away for a little while.
Rather than my usual article of motivation or business style, this article is all about the vacation. Specifically, here are a few things that [i]everyone[/i] should do while on vacation:
- Play with a Nintendo Wii – There’s something innately relieving about the Nintendo Wii, so make sure that it’s on your to-do list. Heck, this post was written on one (the 3.1 update allows you to use USB keyboards and other funky accessories with your Wii, which effectively transforms it into a TV/Internet/Gaming machine).
- Have a beer – In no way am I saying to go out and get sloshed, but rather that you shouldn’t be afraid to indulge every now and again in beverages of the alcoholic nature. Sit back, relax, and crack open a cold one.
- Forget something important – For me, I completely forgot to call my family and let them know that I was going to be across the country. Imagine the surprise of my girlfriend and my father when they come to my door to find me strangely absent… for the third day in a row. For you, it may be something such as forgetting to write that report or neglecting to take care of that memo. So long as your mind are off of things it qualifies.
- Dance – I can almost hear the collective moan of every single North American man that is reading this post. Yes, dance. Dancing is a great workout, releases those “happy hormones”, and if you can get half decent at it, attracts members of the opposite sex. So get those comfy shoes on and get dancing!
I’d like to apologize for any spelling or grammatical mistakes. Like millions of others, I rely on spell-check and proofreading to catch my errors, and when you’re writing on a Wii it’s darn-near impossible to do either. Oh well, I have a margarita calling my name.
- Free Business Cards.
- Free Business Plan Template.
5 thoughts on “A Much Needed Vacation: You Need It, and So Do I”
So what… sit back, relax, and have a great time? I’m in!
Everyone needs a break, especially from the online game. Enjoy your time away!
Whenever you are in break..I hope your Laptops and machines however come in mind..and it will be really pissing when our site or server goes down when we are away..
it will be always pissing whenever our site or server goes down when we are away..still our sites go in mind when we are away
Really jealous. Not looking at taking a vacation till next May. Argh…back to work.